The secret is out... starting your degree at community college can literally save you (or your parents) thousands and thousands of dollars. Quality, affordable education combined with small class sizes, personal attention and hands-on learning is becoming a trend... and with good reason. When you start your education at community college, you will likely save your future self from student debt. In-state tuition, grants and financial aid can bring the in-state rate down even more. Community colleges are built to cater to traditional and non-traditional students.
Some students attend QCC to complete a handful of courses before continuing at a four-year college. Others stay through to graduation, earn an associate degree and take advantage of transfer agreements that lead to majors at various baccalaureate partner institutions. Articulation agreements are formal contracts linking associate degree programs with specific bachelor’s degrees at private colleges/universities (as well as some specific majors at public universities).
With so many students taking the community college path these days, we try to make it as easy as possible for our students to do the same. Our Spring Transfer Fair (April 3, 2019) will bring more than 50 higher education institutions to campus to meet face to face with aspiring transfer students. This year, in order to make it even easier, the Transfer Fair will be held in two sessions, one for day programs (10am-1pm) and another for evening, online and hybrid programs (2-5pm).
Now that we've built up the suspense, here's who you can expect to see this year...
Day Programs from 10am-1pm:
Evening, Online and Hybrid Programs from 2-5pm:
- Assumption—Continuing & Career Education
- Bay Path University—One Day a Week College
- Bay State College
- Becker College—School of Graduate & Professional Studies
- Boston College—Woods College
- Charter Oak State College (online)
- Columbia University—School of General Studies
- Eastern Nazarene College—Adult & Graduate Studies
- Endicott College—Van Loan School
- Fitchburg State University—Graduate & Continuing Education
- Granite State College
- Nichols College
- Northeastern—College of Professional Studies
- Quinnipiac University (online)
- Southern New Hampshire University (online)
- Springfield College—Professional & Continuing Studies
- UMass Amherst—University Without Walls
- UMass Lowell—Online & Continuing Education
- Worcester State University— Continuing Education
The Spring Transfer Fair will be held in the Harrington Learning Center in rooms 109 A&B. Bring your sweet tooth to support the QCC Food Pantry at the PsiBeta and Psychology Club Bake Sale from 10am-1pm.