Deconstructed Chicken Cordon Bleu
For all of you Keto-eaters out there, this one's for you. Low-carb, high protein, tasty for lunch or dinner and very little prep time... although these days we likely all have a little extra time on our hands. :) Not that anyone needs a reminder but wash wash wash your hands and disinfect before, during and after prep and cooking. Ready for the low-card lowdown on chicken cordon bleu? Here we go...
Makes 8 servings/prep time: 8 minutes, plus 10 minutes to cool (not including time to cook chicken if not purchased precooked) / Cook time: 40 minutes
- 4 Cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 slices ham, chopped
- 8 ounces Swiss or Gruyere cheese, shredded (about 2 cups) divided
- 2 teaspoons powdered chicken bone broth (optional)
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ cup pork rind dust
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan
- Place chicken in even layer in prepared baking dish. Top with ham. Layer 1 cup of Swiss cheese over meats.
- In small bowl, dissolve powdered bone broth. If using, into the heavy cream. Stir in mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Pour sauce over chicken, ham, and cheese in the baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup of Swiss cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix pork rind dust, parmesan, and butter with a fork until it resembles coarse sand. Sprinkle pork rind mixture on the top of casserole.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly brown. Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Calories: 385
- Fat 32.1 g
- Protein 29.1 g
- Carbs: 3.6 g
- Fiber 0.4 g